PATTISON, Edgar Albert

1st World War
Date of Birth
Date Attested
Attested at
Clinton, Ontario
Regimental Number
Date of Death
Age at Death
27 years 2 months
Biographical Summary

DIVISIONAL UNIT:         4th Canadian Infantry Division
                                             11th Infantry Brigade
                                             102nd Battalion  -  North British Columbia
                                             Canadian Infantry Corps
SERVICE NO:                   126848
RESIDENCE:                    Clinton - Ontario
DATE OF BIRTH:            October 19, 1892
                                             Clinton – Goderich Township – County of Huron - Ontario
DATE OF DEATH:           December 29, 1919              27 years     2 months
CEMETERY:                     Clinton Cemetery – Clinton – 
                                             County of Huron – Ontario 
                                             Section E
WIFE:                                 Mrs. Marjory Hall (Pattison) – Vancouver – British Columbia
MOTHER:                          Mrs. Florence Pattison – Clinton - Ontario
Occupation:                        Telegraph Operator              Religion:     Methodist
Enlistment:                         September 29, 1915 – Clinton into the 71st Battalion
Enlistment Age:                 22 years     11 months

Private Pattison enlisted very early in the war, survived the war to come back home to Canada. when he passed away.
After his enlistment Private Pattison was promoted to Lance Corporal then Sergeant.
Sergeant Pattison left Canada on the S.S. Olympic and arrived in England on May 7, 1916. Upon arrival he goes to Base Company at Oxney Camp – Hampshire. In July he transferred to the 102nd Battalion, reverts back to rank and goes into France at the end of November 1916. He is admitted to hospital with Tuberculosis pulmonary and invalided back to England with protein in the urine. He is treated for an inflammation of the kidneys and is then discharged with Tuberculosis pulmonary and protein in the blood. He is treated for this between April 1, 1918 and the middle of November 1918. 
He ceases to be on command and is to be returned to Canada as there is no employment in England. He left Liverpool on November 19, 1918 on the S.S. Scandinavia and is Taken on Strength by the No. 1 District Depot in London.
At the end of 1918 he is diagnosed with Nephritis (disease of kidney) caused from an infection and exposure. He has general weakness, is losing weight, is tired easily and has backaches. His is discharged as medically unfit. 
In April of 1919 he is admitted to hospital in London and diagnosed with advanced and active Pulmonary Tuberculosis and is discharged from hospital and becomes a patient at the Byron Sanitorium for further treatment.
At the end of 1919 this disease claims his life.