NAME ADAIR Leslie James
RANK Warrant Officer 1st / Royal Canadian Air Force
SQUADRON No. 156 Pathfinder
“we light the way”
Group 8 RAF Bomber Command
Warboys Airfield in Huntingtonshire
Squadron Markings GT
AGE 21 January 3, 1944 R / 133591
MEMORIAL Runnymede Memorial
Englefield Green – Egham - Surrey
PARENTS Mr. & Mrs. R. J. Adair of Wingham
• Leslie was born in Ottawa on October 29, 1922 and when living in Wingham he lived on Josephine Street.
• As he grew up he enjoyed playing baseball and hockey.
• He was employed in the family trucking business as a truck driver and he was also a cake and bread
• During 1940-41 he was a reservist in the militia with the 99th Field Battery from Wingham.
• Leslie went to Toronto on September 12, 1941 to enlist into the RCAF.
• Warrant Officer Adair was a member of the crew of Lancaster JB 553 when it lifted off the runway at 00:08
hours of January 3rd.
• This aircraft was lost very close to the outskirts of Berlin and crashed onto Berlin Reinikendorfer Street at
• This aircraft carried a crew of 8 men and 6 of the crew have no known grave.